Captain Gordon Petersen
Our Principal, Captain Gordon Petersen, founded the Boatsafe Training Association of Queensland, and is currently the Hon. Secretary.
He was born in Sydney NSW
Tug Master, Sydney Harbour and Coastal Towing 1960 – 1974
Secretary/Manager Broken Bay Game Fishing Club Limited 1974 - 1976
Cruise Boat Master, Sydney Harbour 1976 - 1982
Cruise Boat Master, Tweed River 1982 - 1987
Cruise Boat Master, Broadwater to South Stradbroke Island 1987 – 1997
Skipper and owner of "Gone Fishing Charters" 1997 – 2003.
Captain Gordon Petersen has been Master of Game Fishing boats between Greenwell Point on the south coast of NSW to Cooktown, North Queensland, spending a lot of time in the Cairns area. He is an Honorary Life Member of the Gold Coast Charter Boat Masters Association Inc. and a committee member of the Queensland Charter Vessel Association. Captain Gordon Petersen is well known on the Gold Coast for his boating weather and fishing reports on 92.5 Gold FM for 11 years and 6 years with 8824BH Brisbane.
Captain Gordon Petersen's qualifications are :-
- Master Class 4 Trading - (vessel less than 80 metres in length)
- Marine Engine Driver 2 - (vessel less than 750w power)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Marine Radio Operator
- St John's Senior First Aid
- Instructor Surf Life Saving Association of Australia
- Blue Card (working with children)